Through the Senior Bridge Program, Reflections of Trinity strives to improve the quality of life for at-risk seniors. The food distribution for senior communities operates each Saturday morning from 11am – 1pm where we provide a box of groceries designed to serve the individual for seven days.
Additionally, we have service projects at the senior community site monthly through a partnership with our Serve Day program. Serve Day occurs on the 4th Saturday of each month unless otherwise stated and consists of a variety of service projects listed below.
The expected program outcomes for the Senior Bridge program are:
- 100% of program participants have access to nutritional groceries;
- 100% receive referrals to supportive services;
- 60% experience reduction in hospitalizations due to a lack of nutrition.
To achieve these outcomes, we:
- Build client relationships to better understand the needs of the community and evaluate program impact.
- Provide food to seniors that are food insecure
- Assist seniors with household tasks that would improve their daily life
- Facilitate events to combat social isolation and promote interaction.
- Connect seniors with partner agencies that can assist with any other areas of need.
These are the areas we need volunteer assistance immediately! Tasks that we need assistance with include:
- Setting up/tearing down the staging area for food distribution
- Off-loading food deliveries for staging and distribution
- Calling clients to remind them of Saturday food distribution
- Delivering food boxes during planned property visits
- General housekeeping and administrative tasks for clients at their discretion. This could include tasks such as vacuuming, washing dishes, folding laundry, addressing mail, organizing closets or cupboards, etc.
- Administrative activities such as new client registration, client file documentation, Serve Day, planning and documentation, etc.
- Social event participation and tasks.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Senior Bridge program, please access our volunteer page for information on how to get started.
Thank you for your interest in Reflections of Trinity and we look forward to seeing you at our next outreach event!