About Reflections of Trinity
No Family Goes Hungry.
“It’s not about how much you do, but how much love you put into what you do that counts.”
Reflections of Trinity Inc. humbly began as an annual used clothing sale earmarked as revenue for Christian education at Trinity Chapel Church of God in the fall of 2000. Our first and subsequent sales events were successful, so the decision was made to make it a full-time venture as a community thrift store and on September 27, 2003, we opened our doors to the public at our location in downtown Powder Springs. Our thrift store sells a variety of goods including quality used and new clothing, shoes, accessories, household items, and furniture.
Within 18 years, Reflections of Trinity has evolved to include 4 separate divisions: a warehouse division, retail store, eBay store, and a thriving outreach division, Team 58. These divisions are supported by 24 staff members (6 volunteer and 18 paid) and operates in over 15,600 sq. ft. of space.
- Saturday Food Distribution: Reflections of Trinity serves grocery baskets to those in need every Saturday from 8:30 am – 12 noon. Clients receive approximately 80lbs of groceries from every food group, designed to last 7 + days.
- Senior Bridge Program: Reflections of Trinity provides a pantry delivery service of groceries to seniors in Eight Housing Urban Development (HUD) Projects serving three counties (Cobb, Paulding, Fulton). Seniors receive a nutritious box of groceries designed to last 7+ days.
- Student Backpack Program: 300 at-risk Students from Fountain Elementary School in Clayton County receive a weekly grocery bag of food and snacks to cover weekend meals.
- 3rd Grade Class Sponsorship in Birikani, Kenya through Retouch Ministry. Sponsorship provides: -school fees, daily hot meals, textbooks, school uniforms and backpacks, shoes, and school supplies.
- For the past 10+ years, Reflections of Trinity has financially supported Blessing Bethlehem, an outreach ministry located in Israel, that provides food and humanitarian aid for those in crisis in Bethlehem.
- During the global Covid pandemic, Reflections of Trinity began a financial commitment to support Centre Hospitalier Fontaine, a nonprofit hospital located in Fontaine, CiteSoliel, Haiti for the past 30 years.
Team 58 Food Pantry, a division of Reflections of Trinity, began in January of 2012. Our mission was to offer a free box of groceries to those in need in our community and we started with 33 families that were identified as needing support. Today, that weekly distribution has grown to over 1,000 boxes per week. In the 9 years of the food pantry’s existence, we have served well over 100,000 individuals, and in 2020 at the height of the Covid pandemic, served just under 3,000,000 lbs. of food that year to those in crisis.
Our Core Values
Love is at the heart of everything we do. All of our service, generosity, compassion and sacrifice is rooted in love. It’s our love that makes our relationships with the people we serve, our supporters, and the community as a whole so deep.
We are faithful to the call and are committed to supporting our community members, but our loyalty begins with the investment we make in one another as our team. Our devotion to support one another and build meaningful relationships allows us to celebrate each person in need that comes through our doors.
We operate with an abundance mentality and believe we are blessed to bless others. We strive to freely give our time, resources, and support to all those we serve.